The Postal Microscopical Society was established in 1873, with its primary aim the circulation of boxes of microscope slides and notes to the members. This is still the aim today when, after fluctuating fortunes over the years, a membership of around 250 contributes to a lively and friendly society.
In 1998 the PMS celebrated 125 years of existence. To commemorate this event, Klaus Kemp produced microscope slides using diatoms. A photomicrograph of one of the slides is shown below.
End of topic.